Friday, March 23, 2007

Georgia on My Mind...

It's Friday night, I'm watching Jersey Girl. Ahhh hotel TV.

Day three began with a bit of instant karma. The 'ol Church Lady from dinner the other night apparently had a scare with a cock-a-roach in her room last night! Even more ironically...while she was eating dinner!!! She was moved to another room, but alas, it had no air conditioning and it was the only room left in the whole hotel. I guess somethings do come back to almost bite you in the ass, huh?



Drumline, what? When we were leaving the convention center, we came across a high school drum line practicing in the parking garage below the Atlanta Hawk's arena. I took some video, they were awesome. Unfortunately I don't know how to put it in here. I guess you can take my word for it. As they were practicing, some guy was getting handcuffed for something near us, yet him and the cop were laughing. This place is amazing.





It was a very long day, but it ended wonderfully. After dinner, I went to Centenial Park which is across the street, with my co-worker Debbie. Beautiful flowers, birds chirping, wonderful breeze....glorious.






On the otherside of the park was a water feature shaped like the Olympic rings and it should have been called "Bring Your Adorable Children to Frolick in the Water" park...too much presh to handle.







Exhibits A, B, C...well you get the picture.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The last little guy pictured was one of the cutest kids I've ever seen. Running around, holding hands with the little girls. So much personality. After a while, all these kids rubbed off on me, I decided to do a bit of frolicking myself. It kind of backfired, I got a little drenched. But I had a blast! It was a bit liberating! Just like going in the sprinkler when you were little...except I was always the kid who didn't want to run through the sprinkler. Sometimes I think you need to just let go. Even if it takes you 20 years to do so.



I obviously enjoyed myself. One of the best nights I've had in a while. Oddly enough, on a business trip. I really like Atlanta. A lot.

Tomorrow, one half day of exhibiting and then try to do something cool before I have to go to the airport and then home to this monster....

No comments: