Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The first half of this weekend royally sucked, but I think the second half made up for it.

Friday night I hung out with my Mom and ate Mexican food. That didn’t suck, but I was still pretty miserable with a cold/allergies or whatever was tormenting me. Saturday night I had high hopes of doing something fun. Hopes=smashed. Sean went to watch ultimate fighting. I spent the night watching random crap on television, including an odd documentary on Vh1 about bi-curious house wives? Exactly.

With nothing else to do, watch, or look up on the internets, I put myself to sleep at 12:30 and put the night out of its misery. Or so I thought. 2 hours later I was awake…wide awake. In the mean time I watched a bad teeny bopper movie and a lot of music videos, none of which put me to sleep. I finally fell asleep at 6 and slept for about 4 hours, which wasn’t so bad.

Sunday and Monday were much better. Sunday I bought/planted 6 containers worth of flowers and then went to a bbq and added one more thing to my list of “things I’m no good at”: serving in badminton. I haven’t played since my sophomore year in high school and it showed as Sean and I did not place so well in the back yard badminton tournament. But alas, it didn’t matter, I still had fun watching other people play, smoking a lot of cigarettes (yeah that still happens every once in a while) and drinking lots of wine. I don’t have any pictures to post as I don’t think there are any pictures that are worth posting (in other words, I’m not in any of them. Ha.)

Yesterday I wanted to get a pedicure. Who would have thought that nail salons wouldn’t be open on Memorial day? Me, that’s who. I guess I should have figured. So instead, Sean and I met up with some friends at the so called “rib fest” in Elgin. It was the most busted rib fest I’ve ever seen. I guess it was the first year they've held it, but still! There were only two food vendors at the whole thing and only one had ribs! I don’t even like ribs and I was disappointed. But I did get a funnel cake and some lemonade, so it turned out okay.

Much like the ribfest, the weekend redeemed itself in the end. Thank goodness I have stuff planned in advance for the next couple weekends. At least I won’t end up sitting on my couch, hating life and wanting to drink alone…in the dark.

I wish I knew what to do about moving or not moving to the city. Seems like we talk about it once a week, but it never goes any further. I wish I had a crystal ball…or at least a magic 8 ball.

Thank mother nature for the fact that there aren't any cicadas where I live. I don't think I could have made it.

Moral of the story: life is pretty boring right now. Frealzies.

No comments: