Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Day of Awesome


Against Me! Day arrived on Saturday.

12 noon: I had a meeting in a small room with 20 people in it that permeated with what can only be described as "man musk" of the band, Against Me!, who happened to show up and play like 9 songs. No big deal, really. I only got to see my favs, up close and personal. I was as giddy as the 23 year old girl with braces in front of me who guessed Warren's name correctly on the radio the day before in order to win a coveted spot in this room. What did I have to do? Oh nothing really...just happen to have a total Bestie who even though I harbor feelings of jealousy and rage towards him when he has chilli for lunch and I'm stuck eating lettuce, bestows life altering experiences upon me like these....Oh look-there he is now.



Andrew, Tom, and Warren...my p.o.v. Not bad if I say so myself...and I do.

The house boy's p.o.v. and James across the way.



Just before this, Warren screwed up a song...and Tom sort of scolded him...joke? We aren't sure. Sean compared it to when your parents fight...except when your fav band fights, you can't turn their music up really loud to drown it out.* But...bonus...they get over it in like 2 seconds and continue to rock your world with like 4 more tunes.

Pretty much some of the best 30 mins of my entire life. Thanks to my road dawg, for like the zillionth time. I held my composure and didn't fan out, but as a result kicked myself when I saw stupid Gordon's picture in the W.C. with the entire band...including Warren with a wet crotch.

Now, I didn't just call it Against Me! Day for nothin'. We also were going to be attending the show that night...but we'll get to that later. What do you do when you have 5 hours to kill in the city and you've never been to Millenium Park? Well, yeah...you would obviously go to Millenium Park.

So did we.

Bean.

Me-"Take our picture"
Sean Baker-"It's just a big fucking mirror"
Me-Blarg. No fun.


There is a garden. It was pretty. I think I would have enjoyed this all a bit more if
A) It had been more than 55 degrees out
B) There wasn't a wind chill factor
Or
C) I was wearing a winter jacket and some socks

Never the less...one thumb up and a clenched teeth smile for insanely green grass.


Afterwards, we did some shopping around and then headed over by the venue for some eats.

We ended up at a gay sports bar. Yes I hate sports, I think they are gay...but frealz this was a gay bar that had a sports theme to it. It was like any other sports bar, except when there is a rain delay apparently they fill time singing Cher tunes and making out. It's pretty funny story, but too long to type it all at 12:20 am and I'm pretty sure the only people who read this already know. If not, ask and you shall receive.

We finally made it to the show by 6 pm. I was exhausted, so we sat up in the balcony. I've never seen AM! as close as I have in the morning or as far away as I did in the evening....I just couldn't stand up anymore.

tiny.

I can also say, I've never seen them so "pumped" before. It's like they won a sporting event...or did a shit load of blow before taking the stage. Either way...quite a performance. Warren played the same song he fucked up in the morning, only this time, we let out a sigh of relief as he proudly executed his part. Thank God, if they were really on coke, they might have killed him and he's the smelliest...how would they get their musk? Let us not think of such tragedies.

Instead, check out the sweet panther back drop, which also makes a sweet t-shirt which i purchased.

Which also makes a sweet forearm tattoo for Tom Gabel.


In closing, I wish everyday was Against Me! day...but I'd like to request the temperature be a balmy 80 degrees and that I would allot some time for a nap.

Sunday was Mother's Day...which although a tad less fun, did involve angel food cake with strawberry marshmallow frosting.

I'm effing tired. Goodnight.



*For the record, I've only heard that is what the teens do to drown out yelling matches between ma and pa and am in no way, shape or form insinuating that I have a less than perfect family unit.

1 comment:

Uncle Gordon said...

I heart Against Me! day.