Sunday, April 22, 2007

Always a bridesmaid.....

Oh hello...

We majorly neglected our cat this weekend.

Thursday night we went to a rehearsal dinner for my friend, Brianne. Sean and I rehearsed being wedding guests and eating a delicious steak dinner with mashed potatoes that had bacon bits mixed in. Bacon bits make everything tens times more edible.


Me in my dress...holla at forever 21!!! Brianne (the bride to be) and my BFF, Shelly, who is with multiples....aka, she's havin' TWINS!

Gussied up....pretty much an excuse to include another picture of my adorbz frock....oh and my new haircut.

Friday...wedding day...Cut to the bride...strutting down the aisle.

Cut to Courtney trying to stop laughing, my brother...who posed as soon as he saw me turn the camera to him and my Mom, scolding me for fucking around during the ceremony. Oh and my Dad, who looks like he's in a coma.

We made it! Mom's back to her 'ol self and Dad needs a cigarette...STAT! Whatevs!!! Let's Party!!! GAAAAAAH!

Sweet Cummerbund(seriously, that's the correct spelling)! By the end of the night someone else was wearing that. I bet you can't guess who it was....patience. First, we take date photos...

An equally adorbz dress...and my rack looking deceivingly huge...and Sean looking genuinely handsome.

My Bro and Courtney, who weren't actually dates, but by default...became "dates" for the evening...and who also took a very nice "prom" pic.

Tom and Shelly, part of the wedding party, who in about 7 months will be the proud owner of two children and who also clean up very nicely. I've never been to a wedding where I couldn't drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes...there should be a purple heart of some sorts for being a pregnant bridesmaid who doesn't get to get sloshed at the wedding.

After listening to many toasts, spilling my entire glass of champagne in my lap, and then having it dry mysteriously quick, I decided to make mashed potato patties at the dinner table....they didn't have bacon bits in them so I wasn't really interested in eating them.

Table-mates.

Poster child for the "Clean Plate Club." He ate everything from soup to cake. The meal was not wasted on this guest.

group pics...

more group pics...

Sadly this was the third and last beverage I had for the night. Why did I offer to drive again?

Oh...now I remember, for my own safety. If you guessed Sean would be donning the Cummerbund by the eve's end, you would win a prize if I had anything left to give.

All in all, it was a two thumbs up experience! Congrats to the happy couple.

No comments: