Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I have exorcised the demons....

...this house is clear.

For exactly 2 years, 3 weeks, and 4 days....the item of furniture pictured below has been the bane of my residential existence.

My hand me, hand me, hand me and then hand me down again "oh I'll just slipcover it for a few weeks until we buy a real one" couch that has made appearances in my Grama's apartment, my parent's basement and my brother's apartment all before gracing me with it's presence. It has haunted me and taunted me for waaaaay too long.

For most of the time we had this couch, this is what it looked like. You might not have ever seen it look like this if you ever came over to my house because I had spent about 15 minutes "tucking" in that blasted slip cover and inevitably received some sort of rug burn on my hands all the while cringing at the cat scratches and snags that adorned the top and back of the beauty! Then it looked a little neater. Until someone sat down on it, that is and then magically like a balloon deflating, it went back to looking like this.

I paid nothing for the couch...so I shouldn't complain. But I will, because that is what I do.

Fast forward to the best day of my home owning life so far....the day my new furniture would be delivered.

Oh...why hello brand new, not outdated, not snagged, not stained couch and what is that....you brought along your sibling, new chair???

Welcome home, new furniture. Welcome home.

Next on the list...trashing my light wood tables from target. I think I've gotten more than the $80 they cost out of them, then ripping off the white tile from the fireplace, then repainting...then...well, I think you get the picture.