Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Can I get an Amen?

Greetings from SLC, Mormon capital of the USA! I've already gotten married and I have 6 new sister wives! All that accomplished in one day! Yeah, I know how to multi-task.

I kid, I kid.

The majority of my day can be summed up as 50% annoyance and 50% motion sickness.

Flight got delayed an hour.

We finally boarded and I realized I'm sitting in front of the ONLY child on the plane. I get nauseous even thinking about what he's going to be doing to my seat for the 3 1/2 hour plane ride ahead of me. But guess what? That little tot passed the eff out before he could wreak any havoc on my equilibrium.

In the end I was actually saved, because the dude sitting in the window seat of my row could have been sitting behind me. Then I would have projectile vomited or probably just huffed and puffed and gotten all shitty about it. This guy was a straight up crazy person. When we were on the ground he was fine, but as soon as we took off, he went pretty nuts. he kept opening and closing the shade, pulling out his newspaper and folding and unfolding it and ripping articles out of it, touching his face violently and shaking his leg rapidly. THEN...and this is when I really felt for the guy in front of him...he pulled out this huge carry on from under the seat so harshly that I was just staring at him with what I could feel was a very twisted look on my face. I don't even know how it fit under there in the first place, but he yanked that sucker out with purpose and shoved all his newspaper clippings in there and then shoved it the hell back under the seat from which it came. I just looked around and no one else was seeing what I was seeing. Of course.

After that I watched some episodes of Always Sunny In Philadelphia to cleanse my hateful mind.

We landed. People fucking take forever to get off the plane. An old ass lady is talking on her cell phone...my friend behind me yells loudly for her to get off the plane. Funny.

We get our luggage and are getting in a cab when some old guy in line behind us (who looked like Martin Landau) asks the person who gets the cabs for people where my friend and I are going. As in this dude is taking it upon himself to share a cab with us? Unsolicited? In the end he wasn't going where we were, but I kind of wish he was. I was in the mood to treat someone, and he was in the perfect position. But alas, I just trash talked him as we made our way to the hotel. Carsickness quotient is high. I see some mountains and it starts raining.

So, all in all the total travel time from door to door = 8 hours. Ugh.

I apologize for my change from present to past tense up there...I do not however feel like correcting it.

Hotel is nice. I have a smoking room, which means I don't have to stand outside to smoke at night which is good because it's freezing here today and oh yeah, it was snowing. Will I ever escape the snow???

The scenery is majestic of course, snow capped mountains and stuff. I'd hoped for a nice view. Such is not the case:


The mountains are probably behind those buildings, I'm guessing.

Tomorrow I have to work 9 hours in an exhibit booth. Same day, different city.

I'm going to try to see some of this Godly place.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is rehearsing tomorrow night...might go heckle them..might not. Not sure yet. Actually I think it would be interesting to check it out.

I do want to go to the Family History Library which is the world's largest collection of genealogical records. It's open until 10 p.m.! Crazy.

So, that's about it for now. I'm happy to be out of the office. I'll leave you with this photo I took of our "new" phone paging system at work:


Good Morning, Charlie...


Amen.

No comments: